Step one: Getting started
If this is your first visit to Ballotpedia, start at the What is Ballotpedia? page. It'll fill you in on the basics.
Also please check out our Barnraiser Featured Project page to test out your new skills.
Step two: Finding your way around
- The full list of Ballotpedia articles.
- Find ballot initiatives and campaigns Current and historical, including in your state.
- How to search for an article.
- How to explore Ballotpedia.
- State ballot measure websites.
Step three: Getting ready to edit
- First you need to register.
- Then you need to know how to log in.
- It helps to read the article guidelines.
Step four: Editing
- How to edit a page. Anyone, including you, can edit a page.
- Quick guide to editing.
- How to start a new page.
- How to contribute to Ballotpedia.
- Read about how to use talk pages, which will help you learn how to communicate with other Ballotpedia users about improving and adding to Ballotpedia's articles.
- What's the story with categories?
- Adopting a page on Ballotpedia.
- More help can be found at Ballotpedia Help.
- If you'd like to help but want some direction about a good place to start, check out the Ballotpedia Projects page.
- After you save a page, read it again. That is, Recheck your work.
See also: Help page
Getting in touch
- If you have a specific question that you want answered, you can try posting it on the Inquiries page. You can also contact Ballotpedia's community coordinator, Tim Wirkman, directly: