Hempfield Area School District, Pennsylvania
|Transparency grading process|
About the districtWestermorland County. According to the 2010 United States Census, Westmoreland County is home to 363,395 residents.
Westmoreland County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Pennsylvania in terms of higher education achievement in 2011. The United States Census Bureau found that 24.7% of Westmoreland County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 27.0% for Pennsylvania as a whole. The median household income in Westmoreland County was $49,734 compared to $52,267 for the state of Pennsylvania. The poverty rate in Monroe County was 10.1% compared to 13.1% for the entire state.
|Racial Demographics, 2012|
|Race||Westmoreland County (%)||Pennsylvania (%)|
|Black or African American||2.5||11.4|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.1||0.3|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||Z||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.3||1.7|
|Hispanic or Latino||1.0||6.1|
- The website states that the school board belongs to the Pennsylvania School Board Association and the National School Board Association.
- The names of all administrative officials and the contact information for top officials is provided.
- The names and contact information for all school board members are provided.
- Information on public records is provided.
- Current district report cards are published.
- Information on required background checks is provided.
A budget presentation from 2007 is published.
- Contact information is not provided for all administrative officials
- The complete budget is not available.
- There is no information on contracts, audits, and taxes.