Henry County, Illinois
Revision as of 20:50, 9 January 2014 by Gpallay
Henry County is one of 102 counties in Illinois.
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois county websites
- County board members and their contact information is available.
- Past county board minutes and current agenda are available, with meetings listed on the calendar.
- All county officials are listed in an online handbook.
- Information on zoning and building is available.
- Local tax information is available.
- Audits are not available.
- County contracts are not online.
- Lobbying information is not provided.
- Budget is not published.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
In the news
- State police investigate missing personnel papers at Henry County Sheriff’s Department, Quad City Times, March 12 2010
- Illinois State Police are investigating reports that Henry County Sheriff Gib Cady allowed some of his deputies to remove and destroy items from their personnel files. Henry County State’s Attorney Terry Patton asked state police to investigate after he was notified about the issue last week by someone at the sheriff’s department, he said. The matter was discussed further at this week’s county board meeting, Patton said.... Cady told board members that he was confused by the state’s Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, which changed at the beginning of this year and opened up more records to public access, Nelson said.
- Henry County official website
- Henry County Tourism Bureau
- Henry County on Epodunk
- Henry County Free Public Records Directory
- Quad City Times newspaper