|Michigan House of Representatives District 91|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, 1981|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Hughes is a small business owner in the area of property management. She has also worked for her husband's company Master Tag, which manufactures horticultural tags. Additionally, she has worked with her family business Bolema Lumber, a retail hardware and lumber company.
Hughes holds a Bachelors Degree in Business from Michigan State University.
Hughes's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Jobs are priority ONE, so that our children and grandchildren do not have to seek work elsewhere and can continue to call the Muskegon area home."
- Excerpt:"We are judged by the way we treat our youngest and our oldest. Healthcare needs to be affordable and accessible for everyone."
- Excerpt:"As a former school board member, Holly Hughes understands that education is the key to a brighter future and higher quality of life in Michigan."
- Excerpt:"You deserve to keep more of your money to support your family. Lower taxes facilitate business with job growth."
- Excerpt:"Holly Hughes has actively sought clean-up dollars from the federal and state government for the many contaminated Super Fund sites in Muskegon."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hughes has been appointed to these committees:
- Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs
- Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation
- Statutory Committee on Michigan Capitol
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 91 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Holly Hughes Incumbent||77.8%||3,627|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 91 General election (2010)|
|Holly Hughes (R)||16,034|
|Ben Gillette (D)||12,628|
In 2010, Hughes raised $272,386 in contributions. 
Her six largest contributors were:
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$49,955|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Second District Cong Cmt Michigan||$5,000|
|Bolger Restore Michigan Fund||$5,000|
|Kent County Republican Cmte||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Holly + Hughes + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Holly Hughes received a 71% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Hughes and her husband Richard have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "hollyhughes," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |