Difference between revisions of "Howard Marklein"
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
|Chamber =State Assembly
|Chamber =State Assembly
Revision as of 09:21, 8 February 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 51|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, 1976|
|Date of birth||10/03/1954|
|Place of birth||Madison, WI|
Marklein has been a partner at Baker Tilly (formerly Virchow Krause) since 1984 and is an expert in the area of forensic accounting and white collar crime investigation. He served in an elected position on the Board of Directors of a not-for-profit community hospital, and has served almost four years as Board Chair.
Marklein earned his BBA in Accounting from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1976 and his CPA in 1978.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Marklein served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Audit, Vice Chair|
At the beginning of the 2011 legislative session, Marklein served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Financial Institutions|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Marklein won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 51. Marklein ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Maureen May-Grimm (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Howard Marklein Incumbent||51.9%||14,279|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 General Election (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||10,822|
|John Simonson (D)||9,931|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||4,564||99.8%|
Marklein's major issues are:
- Jobs: Create tax and regulatory policies that are not hostile to the businesses that create jobs.
- Health care: Points out the importance of not-for-profit community hospitals to overall community health.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Marklein first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $111,890 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|16 individual donors||$500 each|
Marklein is married to Peggy, a registered nurse. He is the father of Nicole and William, and three stepchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Howard + Marklein + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Howard Marklein on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Marklein on Facebook
- Marklein website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Howard Marklein candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
|Wisconsin State Assembly District
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |