|Wisconsin State Assembly District 51|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, 1976|
|Place of birth||Madison, WI|
Marklein has been a partner at Baker Tilly (formerly Virchow Krause) since 1984 and is an expert in the area of forensic accounting and white collar crime investigation. He served in an elected position on the Board of Directors of a not-for-profit community hospital, and has served almost four years as Board Chair.
Marklein earned his BBA in Accounting from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1976 and his CPA in 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Marklein has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Marklein is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 51. Marklein is running unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Maureen May-Grimm and Pat Bomhack are running in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 General Election (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||10,822|
|John Simonson (D)||9,931|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||4,564||99.8%|
Marklein's major issues are:
- Jobs: Create tax and regulatory policies that are not hostile to the businesses that create jobs.
- Health care: Points out the importance of not-for-profit community hospitals to overall community health.
In 2010, when Marklein first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $111,890 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|16 individual donors||$500 each|
Marklein is married to Peggy, a registered nurse. He is the father of Nicole and William, and three stepchildren.
- Howard Marklein on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Marklein on Facebook
- Marklein website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Howard Marklein candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |