|Wisconsin State Assembly District 51|
| Assumed office|
January 3, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 3, 2013
Marklein has been a partner at Baker Tilly (formerly Virchow Krause) since 1984 and is an expert in the area of forensic accounting and white collar crime investigation. He served in an elected position on the Board of Directors of a not-for-profit community hospital, and has served almost four years as Board Chair.
Marklein earned his BBA in Accounting from University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1976 and his CPA in 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Marklein has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 General Election (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||10,822|
|John Simonson (D)||9,931|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 51 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Howard Marklein (R)||4,564||99.8%|
Marklein's major issues are:
- Jobs: Create tax and regulatory policies that are not hostile to the businesses that create jobs.
- Health care: Points out the importance of not-for-profit community hospitals to overall community health.
Marklein is married to Peggy, a registered nurse. He is the father of Nicole and William, and three stepchildren.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Marklein on Facebook
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |