|Elections and appointments|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Tempe, Arizona|
|Bachelor's||Claremont Men's College|
|J.D.||University of Chicago Law School|
|Birthday||January 13, 1962|
|Place of birth||Tempe, Arizona|
|Profession||Attorney, School Headmaster|
Hallman is a business law attorney, specializing in domestic and international finance and taxation. Since 2009 Hallman has served as the Headmaster of Tempe Preparatory Academy, a public school attended by his three sons.
He was raised in a neighborhood in North Tempe, Arizona, where he resides today with his family. He holds bachelor's degrees in economics and political science from Claremont Men's College, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago School of Law.
In addition to his law practice, Hallman's resume includes teaching business law and economics at East Kazakhstan State University, and co-authoring two books about the Arizona labor economy and trade relations with Mexico, entitled How to Do Business in Sonora andComo Hacer Negocios En Arizona. He also wrote "How to Do Business in Kazakhstan," which was first published in 1999.
- Bachelor's degrees in economics and political science - Claremont Men's College
- Juris Doctor - University of Chicago Law School
Mayor of Tempe, Arizona (2004-2012)
Hallman was elected Tempe mayor in 2004 and served until 2012. He previously served on the Tempe City Council.
Hallman is running for election to the office of Arizona Treasurer. Hallman is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on August 26, 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Hugh and his wife, Susan, have three sons named Louis, Eli, and Marcus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hugh + Hallman + Arizona + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Say It Isn't So! Candidates Begin Filing For 2014 State Elections - AzJournal.com
- For Arizona candidates, 1st campaign push is often an elbow - azcentral.com
- Chandler Mayor Tibshraeny to visit Sun Lakes men's club - Arizona Republic
- CAMPAIGN QUIZ! - Arizona Capitol Times
- A War Over Solar Power Is Raging Within the GOP - The New Republic
- Subsidizing green energy is like supporting operator-assisted telephones with ... - Canada Free Press
- Fix net metering now, before Ariona becomes California - Arizona Republic
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arizona Treasurer
- Arizona down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Arizona state executive official elections, 2014
- Hallman on Facebook
- Follow Hallman on Twitter
- Office of the Governor of Arizona
- Elections Division - Arizona Secretary of State
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Associated Press, "Ex-Tempe mayor Hugh Hallman enters 2014 Arizona governor's race," January 29, 2013
- ↑ abc15.com, "Hugh Hallman withdraws from Arizona governor's race," September 19, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Hugh Hallman - Past Mayor of Tempe, Arizona, "About Hugh Hallman," accessed January 31, 2013
- ↑ Phoenix Business Journal, "Hugh Hallman looks at GOP run for Arizona governor," January 11, 2013
State of Arizona
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Lands | Director of Labor | Chairman of Corporation Commission | State Mine Inspector |