|North Carolina House Of Representatives District 81|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Holliman received his Bachelor of Arts from Elon College in 1966. He owns a printing business. He and his wife, Ellen, have two children, Sue Ellen (deceased) and Bradford.
- Subcommittee on Capital
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Financial Institutions Committee, North Carolina House
- Insurance Committee, North Carolina House
- Pender/New Hanover Redistricting Committee, North Carolina House
- Public Utilities Committee, North Carolina House
- Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House Committee, North Carolina House
Holliman was defeated in the November 2, 2010 general election. Republican Rayne Brown defeated Harry Warren in the primary election to become Holliman's challenger in the general election. Holliman lost to Brown in the election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 81|
|Hugh Holliman (D)||12,975|
|Rayne Brown (R)||11,673|
In 2008, Holliman collected $345,228 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC HOUSE CMTE||$114,278|
|NORTH CAROLINA MEDICAL SOCIETY||$9,000|
|BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA||$9,000|
|PIEDMONT TRIAD ANESTHESIA||$8,000|
|CITIZENS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION||$8,000|
|BANK OF AMERICA||$7,000|
Balanced budget requirement
It's possible the state is violating North Carolina's constitutional requirement for a balanced budget. The discrepancy boils down to accounting.
State budget writers work on a cash basis, but accounting rules encourage budget writers to work on an accrual basis. Accrual accounting would require budget writers to account for the promises they've made to state workers.
A change would immediately highlight a $28 billion shortfall in the retiree health benefits promised to state workers.
- Representative Holliman's campaign
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Holliman
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Representative Holliman's facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |