Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9|
|Date of birth||March 1, 1963|
Berry's campaign slogan is "Educate Do Not Incarcerate."
"I am, and have always been, a strong advocate of our younger generation and quality education. As a member of the Dearborn School Board and a trustee at Henry Ford Community College, I have worked tirelessly to see that quality education is available to all those who seek it. I love our community, and I'm committed to serving it, and ask for your vote on Aug. 7."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Harvey Santana defeated Hussein Berry in the Democratic primary. James Stephens was unopposed in the Republican primary. Santana defeated Stephens in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Harvey Santana Incumbent||95.5%||17,606|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Harvey Santana Incumbent||75.3%||4,953|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Harvey Santana Incumbent||65.7%||4,875|
|William Scott Phillips||17.1%||1,267|
Berry was endorsed by The Arab American Political Action Committee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hussein + Berry + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 9
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Hussein Berry for State Rep on Facebook, "Profile," accessed August 7, 2012
- Arab American News, "AAPAC announces endorsements for Aug. 7 Michigan primaries," July 7, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 5, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |