Idaho 2006 ballot measures
Revision as of 16:50, 4 February 2008 by Ginger
All Idaho 2006 ballot measures and their status are as follows.
- CI stands for Citizen initiative
- LCA stands for a Constitutional amendment proposed by the legislature, as Idaho does not allow citizen-initiated amendments to the constitution.
|Year||Type||Initiative Title||Subject Matter||Description||Ballot Status||Pass or Fail|
|2006||CI||Proposition 1. Invest in Our Kids' Education Campaign (2006)||Education Funding||Increases K-12 education funding for local public schools by adding 1% to sales tax||Approved for Nov 7 2006 ballot||Failed. Yes:204,381 No:245,563|
|2006||CI||Proposition 2(2006)||Eminent Domain||An initiative limiting eminent domain when used for economic development; defining land use law; and permitting just compensation for regulatory takings||Approved for Nov. 7 2006 ballot||Failed. Yes:105,778 No:336,083|
|2006||LCA||H.J.R. 2||Defining Marriage||The proposed amendment would add a new Section 28 to Article III of the Constitution of Idaho, stating that a marriage between a man and a woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in the state of Idaho.||-||Passed. Yes:282,386 No:163,384|
|2006||LCA||S.J.R. 107||Establishing Fund||Creates a permanent endowment fund into which 80 percent of the money received annually as a result of the settlement between the state of Idaho and tobacco product manufacturers will be deposited. The remaining 20 percent of the annual settlement will be deposited into the existing Idaho Millennium Fund.||-||Passed. Yes:229,908 No:165,970|