Idaho 2006 ballot measures
- CI stands for Citizen initiative
- LCA stands for a Constitutional amendment proposed by the legislature, as Idaho does not allow citizen-initiated amendments to the constitution.
On the ballot
|2006||CI||Proposition 1. Invest in Our Kids' Education Campaign||Education Funding||Increases K-12 education funding for local public schools by adding 1% to sales tax|
|2006||CI||Idaho Proposition 2 (2006)||Eminent domain||An initiative limiting eminent domain when used for economic development; defining land use law; and permitting just compensation for regulatory takings|
|2006||LCA||Idaho H.J.R. 2 (2006)||Defining Marriage||The proposed amendment would add a new Section 28 to Article III of the Constitution of Idaho, stating that a marriage between a man and a woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in the state of Idaho.|
|2006||LCA||Idaho S.J.R. 107 (2006)||Establishing Fund||Creates a permanent endowment fund into which 80 percent of the money received annually as a result of the settlement between the state of Idaho and tobacco product manufacturers will be deposited. The remaining 20 percent of the annual settlement will be deposited into the existing Idaho Millennium Fund.|
|2006||-||Idaho Advisory Vote (2006)||Property Tax Relief|
- Through 2004, 27 initiatives made the ballot since 1938 when the process began.
- In 2006, two initiatives appeared on the ballot, bringing the historical total to 29.
- Idaho 2006 citizen initiatives (includes information on initiatives that never made it to the ballot)
- Idaho signature requirements
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Idaho
- Laws governing the initiative process in Idaho
- List of Idaho ballot measures
- 2006 Initiative and Constitutional Amendment Information from the Secretary of State
- 2006 Election Results from the Secretary of State
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |