Illinois' 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Likely D
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Bill Foster (D), who was first elected in 1992.
Illinois' 11th Congressional District includes the towns of Joliet, Bloomington, Normal, Kankakee, LaSalle, Ottawa and Streator. It also includes all or parts of Will, Kankakee, Grundy, LaSalle, Bureau, Woodford and McLean counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
Withdrew from race
|U.S. House, Illinois District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Judy Biggert Incumbent||41.4%||105,348|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois' 11th Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Deborah L. Halvorson Incumbent||42.7%||96,019|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- June 2011 Illinois Redistricting "Map" accessed July 23, 2012
- Daily Herald "Senger meets with GOP officials about challenge to Foster" accessed April 17, 2013
- Sun Times "Aurora man exploring run for Congress in 11th District" accessed April 17, 2013
- Illinois Elections Division, "Bert Miller Candidate Detail," accessed November 27, 2013
- Illinois Elections Division, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 2, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"