Illinois' 16th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Adam Kinzinger (R), who was first elected in 2010. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Illinois' 11th congressional district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
The 16th congressional district of Illinois held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent from the 11th District, Adam Kinzinger won the election in the district.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 16 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Adam Kinzinger Incumbent||61.8%||181,789|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- June 2011 Illinois Redistricting "Map" accessed July 23, 2012
- Breitbart, "Kinzinger Gets Challenge From Tea Party Activist David Hale in IL-16," accessed October 23, 2013
- WIFR, "Randall Olsen Announces Intention to Run for Illinois 16th Congressional District," accessed October 7, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"