Illinois' 17th Congressional District elections, 2012
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of December 27, 2011. The primary elections will be held on March 20, 2012.
Illinois' 17th congressional district covers much of west central Illinois, including the cities of Sterling, Rock Island, Moline, Kewanee, Galesburg, Canton, Macomb, Quincy, Springfield and Decatur, and areas in Henry, Whiteside, Rock Island, Mercer, Knox, Warren, Henderson, Fulton, McDonough, Hancock, Adams, Pike, Calhoun, Greene, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Montgomery, Christian, Sangamon, Macon, Shelby, and Fayette counties.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Bobby Schilling (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Illinois
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois's 17th Congressional District, 2010|
|Republican||Robert T. Schilling||69.1%||152,868|
|Green||Roger K. Davis||5.1%||11,256|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Greg Aguilar's Campaign Website
- Cheri Bustos' Campaign Website
- George Gaulrapp's Campaign Website
- Eric Reyes' Campaign Website
- Bobby Schilling's Campaign Website
- Quad-City Times "Augustana official joins 17th District race" Accessed December 15, 2011
- Quad-City Times "Illinois’ 17th District field taking shape" Accessed December 15, 2011
- WIFR.com "Freeport Mayor Announces Run for Congress" Accessed December 15, 2011
- Quad-City Times "RI attorney announces congressional run" Accessed December 15, 2011
- Quad-City Times "Hare rules out another run for Congress" Accessed December 15, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"