Illinois' 17th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Cheri Bustos (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Illinois' 17th Congressional District covers much of western Illinois and includes the counties of Winnebago, Stephenson, Jo Davies, Carroll, Whiteside, Henry, Rock Island, Knox, Warren, Mercer, Henderson, Fulton counties and parts of Tazewell and Peoria counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
Withdrew from race
Incumbent Cheri Bustos (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|Possible general election match-up|
|Poll||Cheri Bustos (D)||Bobby Schilling (R)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Capital Fax/We Ask America|
September 17, 2013
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|U.S. House, Illinois District 17 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bobby Schilling Incumbent||46.7%||134,623|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois' 17th Congressional District, 2010|
|Republican||Robert T. Schilling||52.6%||104,583|
|Green||Roger K. Davis||4.5%||8,861|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- Illinois Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- QC Times "Schilling eyes 2014" accessed June 11, 2013
- QC Times, "Reyes withdraws from congressional primary," accessed January 14, 2014
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"