Illinois' 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Illinois' 2nd Congressional District is based in Cook, Will and Kankakee counties and includes the south suburbs of Chicago, extending into Will County. It also includes the city's far southeast side.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
Removed from ballot
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jesse Jackson Jr. Incumbent||63.3%||188,303|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- Illinois Election Division, "Candidate Details," accessed December 2, 2013
- Illinois Election Division, "Marcus Lewis," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Elections Division, "Charles Rayburn," accessed February 19, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"