Illinois' 2nd Congressional District special election, 2013
The 2nd congressional district of Illinois will hold a special election for the U.S. House of Representatives in early 2013. The date has not yet been confirmed. The election will be held to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. (D).
The following individuals have been mentioned as possible candidates for election.
- Sam Adam Jr., Chicago attorney
- Jonathan Jackson, Jesse Jackson Jr.'s brother
- Sandi Jackson, wife of Jesse Jackson Jr.
- Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President
- Napoleon Harris, state senator-elect
- Marcus Lewis, 2012 candidate
- Illinois' 2nd congressional district
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012