Illinois' 2nd congressional district elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
Illinois has a mixed-hybrid primary system. Voters can change parties each year but must declare a party affiliation at the polls. Depending on which party is chosen, the voter will then be counted as registered for that party. Voters may change party affiliation at polls or caucus.
Illinois' 2nd congressional district is based in Cook, Will and Kankakee counties and includes the south suburbs of Chicago, extending into Will County and also includes the city's far southeast side.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jesse Jackson Jr. Incumbent||63.3%||188,303|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- ↑ Illinois Election Division, "Candidate Details," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Illinois Election Division, "Marcus Lewis," accessed November 27, 2013
- ↑ Illinois Elections Division, "Charles Rayburn," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"