Illinois' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Luis V. Gutierrez
Illinois has a mixed-hybrid primary system. Voters can change parties each year but must declare a party affiliation at the polls. Depending on which party is chosen, the voter will then be counted as registered for that party. Voters may change party affiliation at polls or caucus.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Luis Gutierrez (D), who was first elected in 1992.
Illinois' 4th Congressional District includes part of Cook County.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Luis Gutierrez Incumbent||83%||133,226|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Illinois Elections Division, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 2, 2013
- Illinois Division of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois Board of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 2, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"