Illinois' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Luis V. Gutierrez
Luis V. Gutierrez
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Luis Gutierrez (D), who was first elected in 1992.
Illinois' 4th Congressional District includes part of Cook County.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Illinois District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Luis Gutierrez Incumbent||83%||133,226|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 2, 2013
- Illinois Elections Division, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 2, 2013
- Illinois Division of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 3, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"