Illinois' 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Danny K. Davis
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Danny K. Davis (D), who was first elected in 1996.
Illinois' 7th Congressional District includes part of Cook County. It covers the Near North Side and downtown Chicago as well as some of the west and south sides of city and some west suburban areas in Cook County.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
Withdrew prior to primary
|U.S. House, Illinois District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Danny K. Davis Incumbent||84.6%||242,439|
|Independent||John H. Monaghan||4.4%||12,523|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- June 2011 Illinois Redistricting "Map" accessed July 23, 2012
- Illinois Election Division, "Robert Bumpers," accessed December 2, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Dan Roche," accessed October 30, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"