Illinois' 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 18, 2014
Janice D. Schakowsky
Illinois is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they do have to choose, publicly, which party's ballot they will vote on at the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Jan Schakowsky (D), who was first elected in 1998.
Illinois' 9th Congressional District consists of all of Evanston, Skokie, Niles, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Park Ridge and Norridge. It is also made up of parts of Wilmette, Northfield, Glenview, Golf, Rosemont and Des Plaines, as well as much of the north side of City of Chicago.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 18, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Illinois District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jan Schakowsky Incumbent||66.3%||194,869|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Illinois, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago, "2014 Primary: Frequently Asked Questions," accessed January 2, 2014
- June 2011 Illinois Redistricting "Map" accessed July 23, 2012
- Email submission to Ballotpedia by campaign, January 13, 2013
- Illinois Election Division, "David Earl Williams, III," accessed December 2, 2013
- Illinois Election Division, "Susanne Atanus," accessed December 2, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"