Difference between revisions of "Illinois Auditor General"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
The auditor general is appointed by the [[Illinois General Assembly]] to a
The auditor general is appointed by the [[Illinois General Assembly]] to a year term.<ref>[http://www.auditor.illinois.gov/About/description.asp ''Illinois Auditor General'' "Description" Accessed December 28, 2012]</ref>
Revision as of 16:59, 28 December 2012
The current officeholder is William Holland. First appointed by the Illinois General Assembly on August 1, 1992, he was re-appointed for a second ten-year term on August 1, 2002, and unanimously re-appointed to a third ten-year term in 2012.
The auditor general's office performs several types of audits to review State agencies. Financial audits and compliance examinations are mandated by law. They disclose the obligation, expenditure, receipt, and use of public funds. They also provide agencies with specific recommendations to ensure full compliance with State statutes, rules, and regulations. The auditor general also reviews compliance with federal statutes, and rules and regulations for those agencies subject to the Federal Single Audit Act of 1984.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
The Office of the Auditor General has two locations:
Iles Park Plaza
740 East Ash St.
Springfield, IL 62703-3154
Phone: (217) 782-6046
Fax: (217) 785-8222
TTY number: (888) 261-2887
Michael A. Bilandic Building
160 N. LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601-3103
Phone: (312) 814-4000
Fax: (312) 814-4006 (fax)
- Illinois Auditor "Description" Accessed December 20, 2012
- Illinois Auditor General, "Description," accessed September 4, 2012
- Illinois Auditor General "Description" Accessed December 28, 2012
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved September 5, 2012
- Illinois Auditor "Contact Information" Accessed December 20, 2012