The Illinois Director of Agriculture
is a state executive position in the Illinois state government. The department of agriculture works to promote and regulate agriculture in a manner which encourages farming and agribusiness while protecting Illinois
' consumers and natural resources.
The current officeholder is Robert F. Flider. He was appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn (D) on February 15, 2012.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that authorizes the creation of a state executive office. That information for the Illinois Director of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
There are five main divisions within the department of agriculture:
- Consumer Services
- Food Inspection
- Weights and Measurements Certification
- Motor Fuel Quality Testing
- Marketing and Promotion
- Agricultural Statistics and Market News
- Agricultural Marketing
- State and County Fair Promotion
- Horse Racing Administration
- Animal Industries
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Programs
- Land and Water Resources
- Agricultural and Industry Regulation
- Agricultural Products Inspection
- Grain Dealer and Warehouse Inspection and Licensure
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2012, the Illinois Director of Agriculture was paid an estimated $133,273. This figure comes from the Council of State Governments.
In 2010, the Illinois Director of Agriculture was paid an estimated $133,300 according to the Council of State Governments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Illinois + Director + of + Agriculture
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 19281
Springfield, IL 62794-9281
Phone: (217) 782-2172
TTY number: (217) 524-6858
Fax: (217) 785-4505