Illinois Director of Labor
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that authorizes the creation of a state executive office. That information for the Illinois Director of Labor has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The mission is to promote and protect the rights, wages, welfare, working conditions, safety and health of Illinois workers through enforcement of the state labor laws, to safeguard the public through regulation of amusement rides, and to ensure compliance with all other labor standards.
The department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of more than 20 labor and safety laws.
The department of labor is organized into the following major areas:
- Fair Labor Standards
- Conciliation and Mediation
- Safety Inspection and Education
- Carnival and Amusement Ride Safety
- Equal Opportunity Workforce
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
160 N. LaSalle Street, Suite C-1300
Chicago, IL 60601
900 S. Spring Street
Springfield, IL 62704
2309 W. Main Street, Suite 115
Marion, IL 62959
- The Illinois Observer, "Gov. Pat Quinn Names New Illinois State Police, Labor Department Chiefs," March 25, 2011
- Illinois Department of Labor "Agency Information" Accessed December 20, 2012
- Illinois Department of Labor "About Us" Accessed December 20, 2012
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved September 5, 2012