Illinois Superintendent of Education
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that authorizes the creation of a state executive office. That information for the Illinois Superintendent of Education has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The superintendent, along with the board of education, sets educational policies and guidelines for public and private schools, preschool through grade 12, as well as vocational education. It analyzes the aims, needs and requirements of education and recommends legislation to the General Assembly and Governor.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
The Illinois State Board of Education has two offices:
100 N. 1st Street
Springfield, IL 62777
Phone: (866) 262-6663
100 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 814-2220
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Education "Mission Statement" Accessed December 20, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board Of Education, "Dr. Christopher A. Koch," accessed August 14, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Education "State Board of Education" Accessed December 20, 2012
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved September 5, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Education "Divisions" Accessed December 20, 2012