Difference between revisions of "Illinois school districts"
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
'''Illinois''' is home to 4,
'''Illinois''' is home to 4,schools and 2,,K-12 students.<ref>[http://nces.ed.gov/programs/stateprofiles/sresult.asp?mode=short&s1=17 ''National Center for Education Statistics,'' "State Education Data Profiles," accessed August 15, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 12:00, 24 March 2014
|K-12 Education in Illinois|
|State Superintendent: Christopher Koch|
|Number of students: 2,083,097|
|Number of teachers: 131,777|
|Teacher/pupil ratio: 1:15.8|
|Number of school districts: 1,075|
|Number of schools: 4,336|
|Graduation rate: 82%|
|Per-pupil spending: $10,774|
|Illinois State Board of Education|
Illinois school districts
List of school districts in Illinois
School boards portal
|Education policy project|
|Public education in the United States |
Public education in Illinois
Glossary of education terms
Illinois is home to 4,336 schools and 2,083,097 K-12 students.
State school administrators
- State Board of Education
- Gery J. Chico, Board Chair
- Steven R. Gilford, Board Vice Chair
- Dr. Vinni M. Hall, Board Secretary
- James W. Baumann, Board Member
- Dr. Andrea S. Brown, Board Member
- Dr. David L. Fields, Board Member
- Melinda A. LaBarre, Board Member
- Curt Bradshaw, Board Member
The following table displays the top ten Illinois school districts by total student enrollment.
The following table displays the ethnic distribution of students in Illinois.
|Two or More||2.9%|
School board elections
- See also: Illinois school board elections, 2014
A total of one Illinois school district among America's largest school districts by enrollment held an election in 2014 for one seat. Peoria Public Schools District 150 held its election on March 18, 2014.
The district listed below served 14,183 K-12 students during the 2010-2011 school year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Click on the district name for more information on the district and its school board election.
|2014 Illinois School Board Elections|
|District||Date||Seats up for election||Total board seats||Student enrollment|
|Peoria Public Schools District 150||3/18/2014||1||7||14,183|
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Table 2. Number of operating public schools and districts, state enrollment, teacher and pupil/teacher ratio by state: School year 2011–12," accessed March 18, 2014
- ED Data Express, "State Tables Report," accessed March 17, 2014 The site includes this disclaimer: "States converted to an adjusted cohort graduation rate [starting in the 2010-2011 school year], which may or may not be the same as the calculation they used in prior years. Due to the potential differences, caution should be used when comparing graduation rates across states."
- United States Census Bureau, "Public Education Finances: 2011," accessed March 18, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "State Education Data Profiles," accessed August 15, 2013
- National Center for Education Statistics, "State Profiles," accessed August 15, 2013
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Elementary/Secondary Information System," accessed March 21, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Illinois State Board of Education | Illinois school districts |