Independence USA Fund
According to the Sunlight Foundation, Independence USA has spent $2,237,486.63 in the 2014 election cycle as of June 30, 2013.
As of June 30, 2013, Independence USA has spent $833,614.02 to support Democrat Robin Kelly in her bid to retain her Illinois' 2nd Congressional District seat in the 2014 election cycle. The expenses include direct mailers and media buys.
As of June 30, 2013, Independence USA has spent $1,403,872.61 to oppose Democrat Deborah Halvorson's bid to represent Illinois' 2nd Congressional District in the 2014 election cycle. The expenses include direct mailers and media buys.
According to the Sunlight Foundation, Independence USA spent $8,230,464.22 in the 2012 election cycle. Of those funds, 46.09 percent achieved the desired result, based on Sunlight Foundation analysis.
Open Secrets also analyzed the success of 2012 general election cycle spending:
In the 2012 election cycle, the Independence PAC spent a grand total of $8,230,464.22: $5,113,575.51 for Democrats, $296,161.40 against Democrats, $2,080,927.42 for Republicans, and $739,799.89 against Republicans.
|Top 8 largest Independence USA PAC expenditures in 2012|
|Gloria Negrete McLeod||CA||House||$3,000,423||$3,000,423||$0|
|Ann Marie Buerkle||NY||House||$460,849||$0||$460,849|
According to Open Secrets, one organization, The City of New York, New York, donated $10,004,235 to Independence USA, with $10,004,235 coming from individuals.
According to Open Secrets, one industry, civil servants/public officials, donated $10,004,235 to Inpendence USA, with $10,004,235 coming from individuals.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Independence + USA + PAC"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- 23 Gun Safety Victories Since Sandy Hook - Media Matters for America (blog)
- Power Ranking for All 126 Teams After the 2013 Regular Season - Bleacher Report
- Barrage of political campaign spending follows shootings at Sandy Hook - Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group (blog)
- ULM among 10 disappointed with bowl omission - Monroe News Star
- Study: Newtown Shooting Was a Boon for Lobbyists and Media... - The New Republic
- BC will head to Shreveport for bowl game vs. Arizona - Boston Globe
- Bowl games: Stanford to face Michigan State in Rose Bowl - Vancouver Sun
- The Sports Network - W*USA 9
- LSU gets bid to Outback Bowl, but will play unranked Iowa - Monroe News Star
- Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin-S. Carolina - ESPN
- IndependenceUSAPAC.org "Main," Accessed July 10, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation "Outside spenders," Accessed July 10, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation "Outside spenders' return on investment," November 14, 2012
- Open Secrets, "AFL-CIO Workers' Voices PAC," accessed July 8, 2013
- Sunlight Foundation "Outside Spending 2012," Accessed July 10, 2013
- Open Secrets "Organizations," Accessed July 10, 2013
- Open Secrets "Industry," Accessed July 10, 2013