Indiana's 3rd congressional district elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
May 8, 2012
Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of February 24, 2012. The primary elections were held on May 8, 2012.
Indiana's 3rd congressional district is based in Fort Wayne and takes in the northeastern part of the state, including Goshen.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Marlin Stutzman (R), who was first elected in 2010.
General election candidates
May 8, 2012 primary results
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Indiana
On November 2, 2010, Marlin Stutzman won election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Thomas Hayhurst (D), Scott Wise (L), Tom Metzger (I), and Wes Stephens (I) in the general election.
Stutzman was elected in a November 2, 2010 special election to fill the rest of resigning Representative Mark Souder's term. He was simultaneously elected to a full two year term to expire in 2013.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Indiana, 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Indiana Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List" Accessed January 26, 2012
- ↑ Saturday Gazette-Mail "New Ind. congressional districts clear Legislature" Accessed December 15, 2011
- ↑ Journal Gazette "Stutzman lacks GOP contest: Most potent Democratic challenger also calls it quits" Accessed March 3, 2012
- ↑ Marlin Stutzman "National Right to Life Announces Endorsement of Stutzman" Accessed May 1, 2012
- ↑ Roll Call "Race Ratings: GOP Poised to Scoop Up a Seat" Accessed February 29, 2012
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"