Indiana's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Indiana has an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Marlin Stutzman (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Indiana's 3rd Congressional District is based in Fort Wayne and includes the northeastern part of the state, including Goshen. Also included are LaGrange, Steuben, DeKalb, Noble, Kosclusko, Whitley, Allen, Adams, Wells, Huntington, Jay and Blackford counties and part of Randolph County.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Justin Kuhnle
- Jim Redmond
- Tommy Schrader
- James Mahoney III
- Mark William Baringer
- Marlin Stutzman: Incumbent
The 3rd congressional district of Indiana held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Marlin Stutzman (R) won re-election. He defeated Kevin Boyd (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marlin Stutzman Incumbent||67%||187,872|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
On November 2, 2010, Marlin Stutzman won election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Thomas Hayhurst (D), Scott Wise (L), Tom Metzger (I), and Wes Stephens (I) in the general election.
Stutzman was elected in a November 2, 2010 special election to fill the rest of resigning Representative Mark Souder's term. He was simultaneously elected to a full two year term to expire in 2013.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Indiana Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Howey Politics, "Former Seymour Mayor Bailey to challenge Rep. Young in 9th CD," accessed October 1, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed February 5, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"