Indiana's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Indiana is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters are not required to register with a party, but the ballot they get depends on which party they have voted for most often in the past.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Marlin Stutzman (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Indiana's 3rd Congressional District is based in Fort Wayne and includes the northeastern part of the state, including Goshen. Also included are LaGrange, Steuben, DeKalb, Noble, Kosclusko, Whitley, Allen, Adams, Wells, Huntington, Jay and Blackford counties and part of Randolph County.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
The 3rd congressional district of Indiana held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Marlin Stutzman (R) won re-election. He defeated Kevin Boyd (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marlin Stutzman Incumbent||67%||187,872|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
On November 2, 2010, Marlin Stutzman won election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Thomas Hayhurst (D), Scott Wise (L), Tom Metzger (I), and Wes Stephens (I) in the general election.
Stutzman was elected in a November 2, 2010 special election to fill the rest of resigning Representative Mark Souder's term. He was simultaneously elected to a full two year term to expire in 2013.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Indiana Code, "Section 3-10-1-6," accessed January 3, 2014
- Indiana Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed July 24, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed February 5, 2014
- Howey Politics, "Former Seymour Mayor Bailey to challenge Rep. Young in 9th CD," accessed October 1, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"