Indiana's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Indiana is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters are not required to register with a party, but the ballot they get depends on which party they have voted for most often in the past.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Susan Brooks (R), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
The 5th congressional district of Indiana held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which Susan Brooks (R) won. She defeated Scott Reske (D) and Chard Reid (L) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
On November 2, 2010, Dan Burton won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Tim Crawford (D), Jesse C. Trueblood (I), and Richard "Chard" Reid (L) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Indiana Code, "Section 3-10-1-6," accessed January 3, 2014
- Indiana Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed July 24, 2012
- Howey Politics, "Former Seymour Mayor Bailey to challenge Rep. Young in 9th CD," accessed October 1, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidates," accessed January 13, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"