Indiana's 7th congressional district elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
Indiana has an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Andre Carson (D), who was first elected in 2008.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
The 7th congressional district of Indiana held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Andre Carson (D) won re-election. He defeated Carlos May (R) and Mmoja Ajabu (I) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Andre Carson Incumbent||62.9%||162,122|
|Independent||Tim Frye (Write-in)||0%||0|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- ↑ Indiana Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed July 24, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Howey Politics, "Former Seymour Mayor Bailey to challenge Rep. Young in 9th CD," accessed October 1, 2013
- ↑ Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"