Indiana's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 6, 2014
Indiana is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters are not required to register with a party, but the ballot they get depends on which party they have voted for most often in the past.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Larry Bucshon (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Indiana's 8th Congressional District is based in southwest and west central Indiana, anchored in Evansville and includes Terre Haute, Vincennes and Washington. Vermillion, Parke, Vigo, Clay, Owen, Greene, Sullivan, Knox, Daviess, Martin, Dubois, Pike, Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh, Warrick, Spencer, Perry and Crawford counties are included in the district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 6, 2014, primary results
Removed from ballot
The 8th congressional district of Indiana held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which Republican incumbent Larry Bucshon won re-election. He defeated Dave Crooks (D) and Bart Gadau (L) in the general election
|U.S. House, Indiana District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Larry Bucshon Incumbent||53.4%||151,533|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Indiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Indiana Code, "Section 3-10-1-6," accessed January 3, 2014
- Indiana Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed July 24, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidates," accessed January 13, 2014
- Andrew McNeil for Congress, "Home," accessed December 9, 2013
- Dubois County Free Press, "Spangler announces run for Congressional seat," accessed February 4, 2014
- DC Broadcasting, "Jasper Resident Spangler to Run for 8th District Congressional Seat," accessed February 4, 2014
- Candidate submitted information to BP Staff, October 4, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed February 5, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"