Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 40|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Hunter College of the City University of New York|
|Master's||Bank Street College of Education|
Barron's professional experiences include vice president of Dynamics of Leadership, Incorporated; assistant principal; executive assistant to the community superintendent; district coordinator for early childhood; teacher trainer; classroom teacher, reading teacher, math lab teacher; and radioisotope laboratory.
Barron earned a BS in physiology from Hunter College of the City University of New York and MS in reading and special education from Bank Street College of Education. She and her husband, Charles, have two children; Jelani Johnson and Jawanza.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Barron has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Barron served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 40 2010|
|Inez Barron (D)||16,527|
|Kenneth Waluyn (R)||1,127|
On November 4, 2008 Barron won election to the New York State Assembly, District 40, defeating opponent Kenneth Waluyn.
Barron raised $55,104 for her campaign while Waluyn raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 40 2008|
|Inez Barron (D)||29,039|
|Kenneth Waluyn (R)||1,018|
In 2010, Barron received $16,036 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Inez Barron's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Council Of School Supervisors & Administrators||$2,000|
|Afscme District Council 37||$1,500|
|Community & Social Agency Employees District Council 1707||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,036|
In 2008, a year in which Barron was up for election, she collected $55,104 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Social Service Employees Local 371 AFSCEM||$6,000|
|Service Employees Local 32B-32J||$1,626|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Inez Barron
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|New York Assembly - District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |