|New York State Assembly District 40|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Hunter College of the City University of New York|
|Master's||Bank Street College of Education|
Barron's professional experiences include vice president of Dynamics of Leadership, Incorporated; assistant principal; executive assistant to the community superintendent; district coordinator for early childhood; teacher trainer; classroom teacher, reading teacher, math lab teacher; and radioisotope laboratory.
Barron earned a BS in physiology from Hunter College of the City University of New York and MS in reading and special education from Bank Street College of Education. She and her husband, Charles, have two children; Jelani Johnson and Jawanza.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Barron has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Barron served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Barron ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 60. She defeated Christopher Banks in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. She defeated Kenneth Waluyn in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 60 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Inez Barron Incumbent||55.6%||2,962|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 40 2010|
|Inez Barron (D)||16,527|
|Kenneth Waluyn (R)||1,127|
On November 4, 2008 Barron won election to the New York State Assembly, District 40, defeating opponent Kenneth Waluyn.
Barron raised $55,104 for her campaign while Waluyn raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 40 2008|
|Inez Barron (D)||29,039|
|Kenneth Waluyn (R)||1,018|
In 2010, Barron received $16,036 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Inez Barron's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Council Of School Supervisors & Administrators||$2,000|
|Afscme District Council 37||$1,500|
|Community & Social Agency Employees District Council 1707||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,036|
In 2008, a year in which Barron was up for election, she collected $55,104 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Social Service Employees Local 371 AFSCEM||$6,000|
|Service Employees Local 32B-32J||$1,626|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Inez + Barron + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Inez Barron
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Barron
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Inez Barron
|New York Assembly - District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |