For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Initiative petition deadlines arrive in Oregon and Washington (update)
Oregon and Washington: Four states are facing drive deadlines today. Two are in the northwest region of the country - Oregon and Washington. Despite having an estimated 83 filed initiatives in the state of Oregon, reports estimate that only 13 will file signatures by deadline. Compared to past years, in 2008 a total of 10 initiatives filed signatures, however, two failed to meet the state's signature requirements. As of June 30, six initiatives have already submitted signatures. The secretary of state's office is expected to announce which initiatives qualified by August 30.
- See also: Oregon's 2010 proposed initiatives
Washington, who also has had more than 80 proposed initiatives, only expects to see only a few meet deadline on Friday, July 2. As of early July 2, three initiatives have already filed signatures with state officials. Initiative 1100, which would close state liquor stores and authorizes sale, distribution, and importation by private parties, filed signatures on June 23, 2010. Initiative 1082, also known as the "worker's comp initiative," filed on June 30, 2010. A day prior to the statewide petition deadline, supporters of Initiative 1098 - an income tax measure - filed between 360,000-370,000 signatures. According to the Washington Secretary of State, three more initiatives have scheduled appointments to submit signatures. Initiatives include: I-1055, I-1105 and I-1107.
- See also: Washington's 2010 proposed initiatives
UPDATE: Washington Initiative 1068 has reportedly failed to meet the minimum signature requirement on July 2, the state's petition drive deadline. The initiative proposed legalizing the growth, possession and sales of marijuana. According to supporters they were at least 40,000 signatures short of the 241,153 minimum requirement.
Washington initiatives that have filed signatures include:
- Washington Privatize State Liquor Stores Act, Initiative 1100 (2010)
- Washington Workers' Comp Insurance Reform, Initiative 1082 (2010)
- Washington Income Tax, Initiative 1098 (2010)
- Washington Initiative 1053 (2010)
- Washington Repeal Tax Law Amendments, Initiative 1107 (2010)
- Washington Revise State Liquor Laws, Initiative 1105 (2010)
- Petition drive deadlines, 2010
- Oregon 2010 ballot measures
- Washington 2010 ballot measures