Iowa's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Likely D
Iowa is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. The primary is closed, but voters are allowed to change their political party affiliation on election day.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Dave Loebsack (D), who was first elected in 2006.
Iowa's 2nd Congressional District generally covers most of the southeastern part of the state including Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. Decatur, Wayne, Clarke, Lucas, Monroe, Appanoose, Davis, Van Buren, Lee, Henry, Des Moines, Louisa, Muscatine, Cedar, Johnson, Cedar, Scott, Clinton, Washington, Keokuk, Mahaska, Marion and Jasper counties are included in this district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Iowa District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dave Loebsack Incumbent||55.6%||211,863|
|Source: Iowa Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Dave Loebsack won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R), Gary Sicard (L), and Jon Tack (C) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Iowa, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State Website, "Voter Registration FAQ," accessed January 3, 2014
- Iowa Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- QC Times "Lofgren announces 2nd Congressional District bid" accessed June 26, 2013
- Des Moines Register "Miller-Meeks might try again to unseat Loebsack" accessed June 26, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State Elections, "Candidate List," accessed March 15, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 5, 2011