Iowa's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Likely R
Iowa is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. The primary is closed, but voters are allowed to change their political party affiliation on election day.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Steve King (R), who was first elected in 2002.
Iowa's 4th Congressional District covers most of the north-central part of the state. The district includes Ames and Fort Dodge. Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Woodbury, Monona, Harrison, Shelby, Crawford, Audubon, Carroll, Greene, Boone, Story, Hardin, Hamilton, Webster, Calboun, Sac, Ida, Cherokee, Buena Vista, Pocahontas, Humboldt, Webster, Hamilton, Franklin, Butler, Chicksaw, Floyd, Cerro Gordo, Hancock, Winnebago, Kossuth, Emmett, Palo Alto, Dickinson, Osceola, O'Brien, Clay and Grundy counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
Vice President Joe Biden is scheduled to attend a fundraiser for Iowa Democratic candidate Jim Mowrer on September 24, 2013. The event is being hosted at the Washington, D.C. townhouse of April and John Delaney (D-MD). The event is also one of the only fundraisers that Biden will do for an individual congressional candidate.
|U.S. House, Iowa District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Steve King Incumbent||53%||200,063|
|Independent||Martin James Monroe||2.2%||8,124|
|Source: Iowa Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Iowa, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 5, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 5, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 5, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State Website, "Voter Registration FAQ," accessed January 3, 2014
- Iowa Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Politics1 "Iowa" accessed April 22, 2013
- Roll Call "Iowa Democrat to challenge Steve King" accessed April 9, 2013
- Baltimore Sun, "Delaney stumps for fellow Dem in Iowa," accessed September 10, 2013
- Des Moines Register, "Biden will do fundraiser for Iowa Democrat Jim Mowrer," accessed September 18, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 5, 2011