Difference between revisions of "Iowa school districts"
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
'''Iowa''' is home to 1,
'''Iowa''' is home to 1,schools and 495,K-12 students.<ref>[http://nces.ed.gov/programs/stateprofiles/sresult.asp?mode=short&s1=19 ''State Education Data Profiles'' Accessed August 15, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 13:02, 24 March 2014
|K-12 Education in Iowa|
|State Superintendent: Brad Buck|
|Number of students: 495,870|
|Number of teachers: 34,658|
|Teacher/pupil ratio: 1:14.3|
|Number of school districts: 361|
|Number of schools: 1,411|
|Graduation rate: 89%|
|Per-pupil spending: $9,807|
|Iowa Department of Education • List of school districts in Iowa • Iowa • School boards portal|
|Education policy project|
|Public education in the United States |
Public education in Iowa
Glossary of education terms
|Note: The statistics on this page are mainly from government sources, including the U.S. Census Bureau and the National Center for Education Statistics. Figures given are the most recent as of June 2014, with school years noted in the text or footnotes.|
Iowa is home to 1,411 schools and 495,870 K-12 students.
State school administrators
- State Board of Education
- Rosie Hussey, President
- Charles C. Edwards, Jr., Vice President
- Diane Crookham-Johnson, Board Member
- Sister Jude Fitzpatrick, Board Member
- Michael Knedler, Board Member
- Valorie Kruse, Board Member
- William "Mike" May, Board Member
- Max Phillips, Board Member
- LaMetta Wynn, Board Member
- Edgar Thornton, Board Member
The following table displays the top eight Iowa school districts by total student enrollment.
The following table displays the ethnic distribution of students in Iowa.
|Two or More||2.2%|
School board elections
- See also: Iowa school board elections, 2014
No top enrollment districts in Iowa are scheduled to hold elections in 2014.
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Table 2. Number of operating public schools and districts, state enrollment, teacher and pupil/teacher ratio by state: School year 2011–12," accessed March 18, 2014
- ED Data Express, "State Tables Report," accessed March 17, 2014 The site includes this disclaimer: "States converted to an adjusted cohort graduation rate [starting in the 2010-2011 school year], which may or may not be the same as the calculation they used in prior years. Due to the potential differences, caution should be used when comparing graduation rates across states."
- United States Census Bureau, "Public Education Finances: 2011," accessed March 18, 2014
- State Education Data Profiles Accessed August 15, 2013
- State Profiles Accessed August 15, 2013
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |