Difference between revisions of "Ira Silverstein"
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://www.elections.il.gov/InfoForCandidates.aspx ''Illinois State Board of Elections'' "Candidate List," December 5, 2011]</ref>" to "<ref>[http://www.elections.il.gov/InfoForCandidates.aspx ''Illinois State Board of Elections'' "C)
|Line 210:||Line 210:|
Revision as of 08:40, 7 November 2012
|Illinois State Senate District 8|
|1999 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Loyola University (1982)|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School (1985)|
|Date of birth||October 10, 1960|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Silverstein graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in 1982 from Loyola-Chicago and graduated with his law degree from John Marshall-Chicago in 1985.
In addition to being a full-time Senator, Silverstein is a practicing Attorney.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Silverstein has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Insurance Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Silverstein served on these committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Silverstein is running for re-election to the 8th District seat in the Illinois State Senate in 2012. He was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and will be unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 8 (2008)|
|Ira Silverstein (D)||55,691|
In 2008, Silverstein collected $273,398 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Helath Care Association||$39,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$12,000|
|Barry M. Ray||$6,000|
|Chicago Automobile Trade Association||$6,000|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,500|
|Charles P. Sheets||$3,540|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$2,500|
|Platinum Health Care||$2,000|
|Illinois Chiropractic Society||$2,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,000|
|Inland Real Estate||$2,000|
|Keith A. & Jodi B. Hebeisen||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ira + Silverstein + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Silverstein represents Illinois Senate District 8. District 8 includes in the Northwest side of Chicago.
Ira is married to Debra Silverstein. They have four children and reside in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Sen. Silverstein on State Surge
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Silverstein Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|