|Illinois State Senate District 8|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Silverstein graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in 1982 from Loyola-Chicago and graduated with his law degree from John Marshall-Chicago in 1985.
In addition to being a full-time Senator, Silverstein is a practicing Attorney.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Silverstein has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Insurance Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Administrative Rules
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Silverstein served on these committees:
|Illinois State Senate, District 8 (2008)|
|Ira Silverstein (D)||55,691|
In 2008, Silverstein collected $273,398 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Helath Care Association||$39,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$12,000|
|Barry M. Ray||$6,000|
|Chicago Automobile Trade Association||$6,000|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,500|
|Charles P. Sheets||$3,540|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$2,500|
|Platinum Health Care||$2,000|
|Illinois Chiropractic Society||$2,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,000|
|Inland Real Estate||$2,000|
|Keith A. & Jodi B. Hebeisen||$2,000|
Silverstein represents Illinois Senate District 8. District 8 includes in the Northwest side of Chicago.
Ira is married to Debra Silverstein. They have four children and reside in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Sen. Silverstein on State Surge
|Illinois Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|