Difference between revisions of "Iris Martinez"
m (Text replace - "Redistricting=|" to "")
|Line 230:||Line 230:|
Revision as of 02:01, 1 March 2013
|Illinois State Senate District 20|
|2003 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Date of birth||February 25, 1956|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Martinez attended Northeastern University and Illinois-Chicago.
Martinez is a former Human Services Assistant and a Full-Time Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Martinez served on these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Legislative Audit Commission
- Subcommittee on Health Care Licensing
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities), Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Martinez served on these committees:
- Deficit Reduction
- Licensed Activities
- Pensions and Investments
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Martinez won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 20. She was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Iris Martinez Incumbent||100%||47,688|
|Illinois State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Iris Martinez (D)||42,310|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Martinez collected $737,775 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$470,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$13,831|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$6,500|
|Sonia Torres Mendoza||$5,000|
|Luking & Associates||$5,000|
|Chicago Game & Gourmet||$5,000|
|Karen V. Mata||$5,000|
|Service Employees Local 880||$3,486|
|City Vista Captial||$3,000|
|Michael J. Romo||$3,000|
|Centinela Capital Partners||$3,000|
|Jorge G. Castro||$3,000|
|John Chalker TTEE||$3,000|
|Bast Services Inc.||$2,500|
Martinez represents Illinois Senate District 20. District 20 includes the Irving Park and Harwood Heights Neighborhood on the West Side of Chicago.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Martinez received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His/her score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Iris + Martinez + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Martinez is single with one child and resides in Chicago, Illinois.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Iris Martinez on MySpace
- Iris Martinez on Facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Martinez Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|