|Illinois State Senate District 20|
|2003 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||11|
|Majority Caucus Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Birthday||February 25, 1956|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Martinez's professional experience includes working as a human services assistant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Martinez served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Labor and Commerce|
|• Licensed Activities and Pensions, Chair|
|• Public Pensions & State Investments|
|• Legislative Audit Commission|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Martinez served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Licensed Activities, Chair|
|• Pensions and Investments, Vice Chair|
|• Legislative Audit|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Martinez served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Deficit Reduction|
|• Licensed Activities|
|• Pensions and Investments|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Martinez won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 20. She was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Iris Martinez Incumbent||100%||47,688|
|Illinois State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Iris Martinez (D)||42,310|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Martinez collected $737,775 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$470,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$13,831|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$6,500|
|Sonia Torres Mendoza||$5,000|
|Luking & Associates||$5,000|
|Chicago Game & Gourmet||$5,000|
|Karen V. Mata||$5,000|
|Service Employees Local 880||$3,486|
|City Vista Captial||$3,000|
|Michael J. Romo||$3,000|
|Centinela Capital Partners||$3,000|
|Jorge G. Castro||$3,000|
|John Chalker TTEE||$3,000|
|Bast Services Inc.||$2,500|
Martinez represents Illinois Senate District 20. District 20 includes the Irving Park and Harwood Heights Neighborhood on the West Side of Chicago.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Martinez received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His/her score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
Martinez has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Iris + Martinez + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Iris Martinez on MySpace
- Iris Martinez on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Martinez Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|