|Illinois State Senate District 20|
|2003 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||February 25, 1956|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Martinez attended Northeastern University and Illinois-Chicago.
Martinez is a former Human Services Assistant and a Full-Time Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Martinez has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Legislative Audit Commission
- Subcommittee on Health Care Licensing
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities), Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Martinez served on these committees:
- Deficit Reduction
- Licensed Activities
- Pensions and Investments
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Martinez ran for re-election to the 20th District seat in the Illinois State Senate in 2012. She was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Iris Martinez (D)||42,310|
In 2008, Martinez collected $737,775 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$470,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$13,831|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$6,500|
|Sonia Torres Mendoza||$5,000|
|Luking & Associates||$5,000|
|Chicago Game & Gourmet||$5,000|
|Karen V. Mata||$5,000|
|Service Employees Local 880||$3,486|
|City Vista Captial||$3,000|
|Michael J. Romo||$3,000|
|Centinela Capital Partners||$3,000|
|Jorge G. Castro||$3,000|
|John Chalker TTEE||$3,000|
|Bast Services Inc.||$2,500|
Martinez represents Illinois Senate District 20. District 20 includes the Irving Park and Harwood Heights Neighborhood on the West Side of Chicago.
Martinez is single with one child and resides in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Sen. Martinez on State Surge
- Iris Martinez on MySpace
- Iris Martinez on Facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Martinez Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|