Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin (Recall)|
|Wisconsin Lt. Governor Recall - Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Election Results Via: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
In early June, a petition began circulating, urging Republicans to support Weix as a "protest candidate."
In response to Weix's candidacy, Shelly Moore released a statement, saying, "the Republican Party must immediately shut down this partisan, coordinated attack on democracy that wastes taxpayer dollars. These elections must get underway so the State can heal. These underhanded tactics serve no purpose but to divide us further."
Republicans question Moore’s emails
Stephan Thompson, executive director of the Wisconsin Republican Party, filed a complaint with the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board on June 21, alleging Moore intentionally used her public school email account to coordinate work related to her recall campaign against Sheila Harsdorf. Republicans released the emails in question, which they obtained through an open records request from the Ellsworth School District.
One of the emails, dated March 10, 2011, states, "We are not supposed to use school email, but since all of our rights are being taken away, I don't frankly care."
Thompson stated, “this abuse of taxpayer funded resources deserves a full investigation by the Government Accountability Board. If she feels she is above the laws of this state, she certainly has no business having a hand in creating them.”
Democratic Party press secretary Gillian Morris called the complaint a “blatantly political stunt,” saying, "Shelly was absolutely not using taxpayer dollars for campaign purposes -- no campaign even existed when these emails were sent.”
Weix issued a statement calling on Moore to leave the race, stating, "For the sake of the integrity of the legal democratic process, and the reputation of the Democratic Party it is time for Ms. Moore to withdraw her candidacy."
July 12 Democratic Primary
Moore defeated Weix in the primary. It was the closest of the six.
|July 12 Democratic primary|
|Isaac Weix Campaign Finance Reports (GAB ID No. 0105113)|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions||(Expenditures)||Cash on Hand|
|Special Pre-Election||July 14, 2011||$480.12||$0||$(464.00)||$16.12|
- 2011 Nominating Petition for Isaac Weix
- Isaac Weix on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- WTAQ, "Recall elections officially ordered against Gov. Walker, 5 other GOP lawmakers," March 30, 2012
- WSAW, "Mahlon Mitchell, Dem, nominated Lieutenant Governor, Wisconsin," May 8, 2012
- ‘’Hudson Patch, “Republican Isaac Weix to Run as Democrat in Harsdorf Recall Primary Election,” June 6, 2011
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Republicans call for probe into recall candidate’s emails," June 22, 2011
- Hudson Patch, “Wisconsin GOP Files Complaint Alleging Shelly Moore Used State Resources to Coordinate Recall, Campaign,” June 22, 2011
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "'Protest' Democrat asks opponent to step down," June 24, 2011
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "July 12 Primary Election Results District 10," accessed August 11, 2011
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORT: STATE OF WISCONSIN: GAB-2: Friends of Isaac Weix," July 14, 2011