Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 59|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Sheffield's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Fight for low taxes and small government."
- "Secure our border and stop illegal immigration."
- "Oppose Obama’s attack on our healthcare freedom."
- "Defend our Second Amendment rights."
- "Improve our schools through local control."
- "Stop skyrocketing tuition at Texas public universities."
- "Stand up for the unborn and traditional marriage."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sheffield served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Health|
|• Rules & Resolutions|
Sheffield won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 59. Sheffield advanced to the July 31 primary runoff where he defeated incumbent Sid Miller. Sheffield defeated Bill Norris (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 59 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sid Miller (advanced to runoff) Incumbent||42.5%||7,778|
|J.D. Sheffield (advanced to runoff)||41.5%||7,599|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "J.D. + Sheffield + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Sid Miller (R)
|Texas House District 59
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |