|Arkansas House of Representatives District 73|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Rogers is the owner of All Star Music. Prior to his election he served as Mayor of the City of Walnut Ridge, and was also a Councilman on the Walnut Ridge City Council.
Rogers did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas State Legislature
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Aging (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Charitable, Penal, and Correctional Institutions
- Subcommittee on Counties and Municipalities
- Subcommittee on Game and Fish/State Police
- Subcommittee on Hospital and Medicaid Study
- Subcommittee on Peer Review
- Subcommittee on Sales, Use, Miscellaneous Taxes and Exemptions
Rogers's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1837 - "TO DESIGNATE A PORTION OF HIGHWAY 67 AS ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGHWAY 67."
- HB 1976 - "TO PROHIBIT THE BUSSING OF STUDENTS ACROSS SCHOOL DISTRICT LINES EXCEPT IN LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES."
- HB 1977 - "TO AMEND ARKANSAS LAW CONCERNING EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Rogers was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Rogers raised $38,192 for his campaign, while Moseley raised $9,424.
|Arkansas State House, District 73 (2008)|
|J.R. Rogers (D)||5,265|
|Chad Moseley (R)||3,263|
Below are Rogers's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$3,000|
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$3,000|
|McDaniel Leadership PAC||$2,000|
|Lawrence County Democratic Party||$2,000|
- J.R. Rogers' personal website
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. J.R. Rogers
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- J.R. Rogers on Facebook
|Arkansas House District 73
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|