Difference between revisions of "J.T. Waggoner"
|Line 196:||Line 196:|
Revision as of 18:20, 3 June 2014
|Alabama State Senate District 16|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||25|
|Senate Majority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham Southern College|
|J.D.||Birmingham School of Law|
|Date of birth||January 8, 1937|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
|Profession||President, Birmingham Business Consultants LLC|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Waggoner received his B.A. from Birmingham Southern College and his J.D. from Birmingham School of Law.
Waggoner served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Banking and Insurance Committee
- Confirmations Committee Chair
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Health Committee
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee Chair
- Rules Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Cindy Bell was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent J.T. Waggoner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Waggoner then defeated Bell in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Alabama State Senate District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||J.T. Waggoner Incumbent||77.1%||28,107|
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Waggoner ran for re-election to the 16th District seat in 2010. He won with no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Waggoner raised $318,100 for his campaign, while Parker raised $4,408.
|Alabama State Senate, District 16 (2006)|
|J.T. Waggoner (R)||34,196|
|Russ Parker (D)||9,789|
Waggoner raised $241,164 for his campaign.
In 2010, Waggoner raised $268,044 in contributions.
His seven largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$40,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$17,264|
|Alabama Retail Association||$12,500|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
|Automobile Dealers Association Of Alabama||$10,000|
In 2006, Waggoner collected $318,100 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Forestry Association||$20,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$20,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$15,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$11,000|
Waggoner and his wife, Marilyn, have four children. They currently reside in Birmingham, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "J.T. + Waggoner + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator J.T. "Jabo" Waggoner
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator J.T. 'Jabo' Waggoner (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- MyVoteAlabama.com, "Statewide general election results (Archived)," accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2002 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2002 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to J.T. Waggoner
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|