J. Gary Pretlow
|J. Gary Pretlow|
|New York State Assembly District 87|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Financial Planner, Moncur-Pretlow and Company|
Pretlow is a financial planner with Moncur-Pretlow and Company. His professional experience also includes assistant controller of The Limited; manager of accounting for Bloomingdale's; accountant; insurance sales; and stock broker.
Prelow earned an AS from Queensborough and a BBA from Baruch College. He and his wife, Donna, have one child; James.
On November 4, 2008 Pretlow won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 87, defeating opponents Ralph Pearson (C) and Ernest Boaten (WF).
Pretlow raised $67,250 for his campaign while Pearson and Boaten each raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 87 2008|
|Gary Pretlow (D)||30,417|
|Ralph Pearson (C)||1,212|
|Ernest Boaten (WF)||901|
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. J. Gary Pretlow
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |