J. Gary Pretlow
|J. Gary Pretlow|
|New York State Assembly District 87|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Financial Planner, Moncur-Pretlow and Company|
Pretlow is a financial planner with Moncur-Pretlow and Company. His professional experience also includes assistant controller of The Limited; manager of accounting for Bloomingdale's; accountant; insurance sales; and stock broker.
Prelow earned an AS from Queensborough and a BBA from Baruch College. He and his wife, Donna, have one child; James.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Pretlow ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Pretlow faces Samuel Rivers (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he is running on the Working Familes ticket.
On November 4, 2008 Pretlow won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 87, defeating opponents Ralph Pearson (C) and Ernest Boaten (WF).
Pretlow raised $67,250 for his campaign while Pearson and Boaten each raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 87 2008|
|Gary Pretlow (D)||30,417|
|Ralph Pearson (C)||1,212|
|Ernest Boaten (WF)||901|
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. J. Gary Pretlow
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |